December is coming to an end and I am looking forward to starting a new year. I love the feeling of a “fresh start” and I’m excited its going to be an even year (OCD).
Tomorrow I have a post to review the whole year planned, but I wanted to do a quick recap of December first.
Overall, this month was okay. I hated spending the holidays away from my family, even though Mike, Pippa and I had a great Christmas together.
It’s pretty hard to complain when I spent Christmas on the beach!
Another highlight of the month is my beach streak! I’ve gone to the beach every day for the last 6 days and now I’ve “challenged” myself to see how long I can keep it going. (tough life I know)
My Goals Last Month were:
1. Continue increasing my mileage. Unfortunately I am not doing too well on this one. I was making progress, but have been struggling for the past few weeks with my knee. I took a few extra days off this month but each time I went back to running it hurt again. Currently, I haven’t run in a week because I know I need to let it get better and running will only make it worse.
2. Continue working on push-ups. This is another one I’m struggling with. I still can’t do a real pushup, but I have been doing push ups (knees) about twice a week now. I don’t know that they are really getting any easier, but I am determined to do them!
3. Do planks 2-3 times per week. This goal I actually accomplished! I like doing planks but I tend to forget to do them. Writing this down as an actual goal this month really helped me to actually do them.
My Goals for January:
1. Get my knee healthy. Ultimately this has to happen for me to accomplish any of my other fitness goals so this is my number one priority. Foam rolling, icing, resting, whatever it is I have to do.
2. Do push ups 2-3 times per week.
3. Do planks 2-3 times per week. I want to keep the planking going this month!
I really wish I could add more goals for the month of January and if my knee starts feeling better than I will revise my goals a little. But I know my number one priority needs to be getting better so I can start taking the steps to reach my running related goals.
What was the highlight of your month?
Do you set monthly goals?