The second half of this month was much better than the first half! After struggling for months now with my knee I finally feel like I’m making progress. I think one of the highlights of this month was going on a 16 mile run last week.
I spent some time today looking at my goals for February. I partially achieved them.
1. Continue rehabbing my knee. This was my top goal and I definitely made significant progress. It is still not 100% but I have been committed all month to strength training, icing and foam rolling.
2. Push ups 2-3x a week and increase the number of real push ups I can do in a row. I’ve been good about doing push ups a couple time a week and I’m up to 7 in a row. I think last month I was at 5.
3. Continue planking 2-3 times a week. Check.
4. Go to barre class. I went to one barre class this month. That sort of counts, right? I definitely want to go more often, but last time I went I was seriously sore for 5 days. With increasing my mileage quickly and trying to get in shape for the LA Marathon I think I’m going to wait until after the marathon to keep going and then hopefully I can get in to a once a week routine.
5. Cross train. Completely failed at this one. I know I should cross train, but given the option to run, I will choose that every time. The reason I wanted to cross train was to stay in running shape, but now that I can run I don’t really want to cross train. Yes this is stupid, I know. I have been doing strength training at least though.
My March Goals are:
1. Run the LA Marathon. Forget about time, but just run it and enjoy every step of it.
2. Continue planking/push ups/strength training. Plus get up to 10 push ups in a row!
3. Drink more water. I’m usually so good about drinking water, but I’ve been bad about it lately. I’m writing it down so I don’t forget.
4. Give my body as much recovery time as it needs after the marathon. I don’t have any other races scheduled for after the marathon. If I need to take 2-3 weeks off from running to recover, then I will. I won’t get sucked in to the mentality that I have to start running right away and instead will listen to what my body needs.
What are your goals for this month?